Trainee Program Facilitator – Adhoc Contract Role ( MUST have lived experience)
Are you passionate about mental health and the benefits of exercise? And are you comfortable presenting to a group (4-16 people)?
This is an opportunity to join our team of facilitators and add to your professional skill set as an exercise trainer.
Mood Active is a charity association that provides educational and motivational exercise programs as treatment for depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.
We have recently been awarded a grant through the Mental Health Commission, to help us develop two facilitators with lived experience of mental ill health – people who will go on to facilitate our “4 week wellbeing workouts”. This program is designed to help people to start and sustain exercise when struggling with their motivation. Sessions vary in length from 90 minutes to 3 hours depending on the delivery method ie virtual or face to face. Each session comprises of both motivational techniques and exercise e.g. cardio tennis, yoga body circuit, boxercise.
As a Trainee contracted facilitator you will be paid for co-facilitation of three programs to develop your knowledge of the content and hone your facilitation skills. You will also be offered a series of free trainer development workshops to further develop your knowledge: Coaching Skills for Trainers, Motivational Techniques for Trainers, Mental Health First Aid, psychological safety for clients.
Responsibilities will include
- Being available for the training dates to co-facilitate a minimum of three (Sydney based) programs
- Attending and observing 1 x 4 week wellbeing program (unpaid)
- Learning content, co-facilitation and then eventual lead facilitation of small group workshops (4-16 people) wanting to improve their mental health
- Support of participants during the exercise component of the workshop and at times running the exercise session
- Set up and pack down of any face to face to workshops
- Storage of facilitation materials if required – eg flipchart stands & props which are in a suitcase for the duration of workshop
- Supply of own laptop and Zoom account for running virtual sessions
- Inter session support of participants – eg texts, calls as required
- Recording attendance
- Lived experience of a mental illness
- Minimum Certificate IV Fitness Instructor or close to completing, or qualified Yoga, or Pilates instructor, or Tennis Coach or Exercise physiologist
- Own car
- Strong presentation & verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate independently & self manage
- Ability to build rapport quickly & motivate others
- Keen interest in facilitation & helping people recover in the field of mental health
- Certificate (or currently studying) in Mental Health or peer support work, Counselling, Social work or similar Mental Health qualification
- Facilitation experience with small groups (includes group exercise class)
- Understanding of psychological theories and techniques relating to motivation
- Own ABN and insurances
Please note: programs are only run when grant funding is available. The rate offered is equivalent to approx $50 per hour contracted. To apply, please forward your application to email@example.com. Applications close 5pm Friday August 14.