Mood Active wouldn’t be what it is without the amazing cohort of volunteers that support us. That’s why we’re starting our “Meet the Trainers” series where we interview each of our trainers, so you can get to know the person behind your favourite class.
We’re kicking things off with a Mood Active veteran: Yatesy!
10 questions with: Yatesy
- How long have you worked with Mood Active? 3 years
- What’s your position? cardio tennis coach, risk consultant, events committee
- What does a typical day look like for you? exercise in the morning (bike ride, swim or gym), work “ major event planning” then home to my gorgeous partner Tania
- What’s your favourite thing about working for Mood Active? giving back to the community and helping those take ownership of their own recovery and management of their own mental health and emotional wellness.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Every situation is an opportunity and adapt and overcome.
- If you could pick your own name, what would it be and why? Michael. It’s my middle name and no one knows my real name “Brian” they just call me Yatesy
- Describe yourself without using verbs. Caring
- What Guinness World Record would you attempt to make or break? ride the longest time without stopping
- If you could only eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be? BBQ ribs followed by tiramisu
- Who’s your hero? my partner Tania.
You can catch a cardio tennis class with Yatesy at Rockdale On Tuesday afternoon. Be sure to check it out!
At Mood Active, we help people experiencing mild to moderate depression, anxiety and other mood disorders – such as Bipolar, PTSD, SAD and more – get back on their feet through exercise. We offer affordable exercise programs with the extra outreach, coaching support and supervision needed for those who are struggling with their motivation. Contact us if you’d like to learn more.