Welcome back for our third edition of meet the trainer.
This week we chat to Emily (or is that Jessica?) who joined just in time to go with us through the bumpy ride that 2020 has proven to be. Read on to find out more about Em.
9 questions with: Emily Commens
- How long have you worked with Mood Active? Since the beginning of the year.
- What’s your position? I’m a yoga teacher.
- What does a typical day look like for you?Wake at 5:30-6 take my dog for a walk7:00 practice yoga/teach yoga
8:00 go to work18:00 come home18:30 play with dog/partner/teach yoga19:30 eat dinner20:30 meditate21:00 read/bed
- What’s your favourite thing about working for Mood Active? I love it when you teach a class and someone says to you I feel so good now or I feel so much better now
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received? “Embrace uncertainty”
- Describe yourself without using verbs. Fun, energetic, positive
- What Guinness World record would you attempt to make or break? Most number of rescue dogs
- If you could only eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be? Parmesan cheese, tomatoes and grainy sourdough bread
- Who’s your hero? David Attenborough
You can catch a Yoga class with Em in Coogee on Wednesday afternoon. Be sure to drop by and say hi!
At Mood Active, we help people experiencing mild to moderate depression, anxiety and other mood disorders – such as Bipolar, PTSD, SAD and more – get back on their feet through exercise. We offer affordable exercise programs with the extra outreach, coaching support and supervision needed for those who are struggling with their motivation. Contact us if you’d like to learn more.