All profits from our corporate programs goes toward running our low-cost public programs – making them affordable and accessible to those who are financially disadvantaged.
Mental health issues are now the leading cause of absence in the workplace.
Exercise has been proven to boost mental health but many find it hard to start and sustain exercise when struggling mentally. In fact, it’s often the first thing to go from a person’s weekly routine!
Our Building Resilience Through Exercise Program is designed to boost wellbeing and get your team applying the right dosage of exercise for their mental health while learning resilience strategies to help them continue exercising after the program. These strategies are often applied in other areas of life and can contribute to reduced conflict, greater cohesion and increased productivity.
The program combines both motivational techniques and an exercise workout in every session. Participants first work through and, where possible, practically apply a number of motivational techniques as well as different types of exercise.
There are two options that an organisation can choose from at a time that suits them:
Option 1 – Virtual (Zoom)
- 15 minute briefing on how to use and interact with Zoom
- 2 x 90 minute sessions weekly over 4 weeks
- 60 minutes of motivational techniques per session, followed immediately by 30 minutes of exercise
Types of exercise: Body Circuit, Yoga, Pilates and Boxercise
Option 2 – Face to Face
- 1 x 3 hour session conducted weekly
- 2hrs of motivational techniques per session
- 60 minutes of exercise per session
Types of exercise: Body Circuit, Yoga, Pilates, Cardio Tennis and Boxercise
Of those who complete our public program, 80% report an improvement in their mental health and more than 70% increase their level of other exercise by the end of the four weeks.
Hear from some of our community participants
“Everything has just been falling into place. I seem to be able to handle what life throws at me, I have found this new form of discipline I thought I had lost many years ago. Exercise I don’t take it seriously, just regularly. Thanks, Cam and Mood Active crew and of course the Clubs that financed this Charity. Really appreciated and hope your support will continue in the future to change lives!”
“At first, I joined as a means of staying active but in reality, the program became much more. It created routine, support and motivation to stay active and stay well. I went from a couple classes a week to 4,5 sometimes 6.”
“In August 2017 I was given a funded place in Mood Active and started attending regular exercise classes. Within the first weeks, I felt the effects. My body was healthier, and my mind and thoughts followed suit. I was calmer. My mood was better after each session.“
All enquiries, please contact Tania Curley
Tania, our GM and Corporate Facilitator, holds a Masters in Coaching Psychology, Masters in Strategy HRM, and a Cert III in Fitness. Tania has over 15 years experience as a facilitator and has spent the last 7 years supporting and coaching others to improve their mental health.
To read Tania’s Bio click here.
Call: 0412 190 842
Program Content & Outcomes
- Identify the benefits of exercise
- Identify their purpose and a plan
- Set SMART exercise goals for mental health
- Implement strategies to overcome obstacles
- Apply easier techniques to get off the couch
- Apply the correct level of challenge
- Use the power of others to build confidence
- See failures as an important part of learning
- Focus on process as opposed to outcomes
When the Going Gets Tough
- Identify problem versus emotion-focused coping strategies
- How to apply attention switching techniques
- ANT and PET thinking techniques
- Use mindfulness strategies to start and sustain exercise while in discomfort
Sustain the Habit
- Identify how, when and why habits form
- Building rituals, routines and rewards to support habit change
- Identify strategies to overcome boredom
- Apply techniques that work when lapsing into old ways