8 week exercise coaching
You can start any time!
- The program manager will talk to you about our coaches and help you select an exercise coach that is best for you
- You will undertake weekly coaching sessions with your coach either over the phone or face to face to discuss your goals and also work through strategies to help you overcome any barriers to exercise. These are generally 30-60 minute sessions.
- You will have unlimited access to MoodActive’s small group exercise classes for free during the 8 weeks to help support the goal of exercising 3 times weekly. See class schedule. We keep class sizes small so we can give you added support in a non judging environment. We also expect you to be supportive of others. Alternatively, you can choose your own exercise options.
- We also complete a pre and post program mood and fitness check to track any positive changes. You get to see these results and the progress you have made.
- Our trainers also provide additional support to help you with any challenges you are facing while you go through the program. This includes texts, face to face chats and we modify the class design to help support you.
- Casual classes are closed to the general public and only those experiencing depression or anxiety can attend. However you can nominate one support person to also attend classes with you. They will need to cover the cost of a casual membership of $10 a class.
- Fees for this program vary depending on your employment status and funding for this program.
- After the program, you can transition to a social membership or casual class attendance. These cost $0-$10 a class.